Urogynecology is a special medical field that addresses women’s health issues on their pelvic floor. Houston’s urogynecologists, experts in this field, can help you with any pelvic floor issues. We’ll examine the importance of urogynecologists for women’s healthcare and their role in Houston. An urogynecologist in Houston is your key to better pelvic health.
Urogynecology focuses on diagnosing and treating conditions that affect female pelvic structures and the muscles, connective tissues, and ligaments that support them. These conditions cause several symptoms, such as urinary prolapse, pelvic organs, and other problems.
What Is the Role of a Urogynecologist?
An urogynecologist has additional training in evaluating, diagnosing, and treating pelvic floor disorders. These specialists are fully versed in female pelvic anatomy. They also have expertise with non-surgical as well as surgical treatments. They help women improve pelvic function, increase their quality of life, and reduce discomfort due to pelvic issues.
Common Pelvic Health Issues
- Incontinence Urinary: It is a common condition that urogynecologists must deal with. The involuntary leaking of urine marks the condition. Incontinence is divided into stress incontinence and urge incontinence. Incontinence due to stress can occur when physical movements like laughing, sneezing, or coughing trigger urine loss. Urge incontinence, on the other hand, is a strong urge that comes out of nowhere.
- Pelvic Organs Prolapse: A Pelvic Organs Prolapse is when one or more of the pelvic (such as a bladder, uterus, or rectum) descends into the vaginal opening. This can produce a wide range of symptoms. These include a feeling of pain or discomfort in your pelvic region.
- The Overactive Bladder: A hyperactive bladder may cause uncontrollable and frequent urination. Urogynecologists offer a range of treatment options that can be used to diagnose and manage the condition.
- Urinary Tract Disease (UTD): Many women suffer from UTIs. Pelvic health problems may cause these infections. A urogynecologist may investigate and recommend treatment options to prevent recurring urinary tract infections.
- Pelvic Pain. Chronic Pelvic Pain can be difficult to diagnose. Urogynecologists know how to find the source and develop the right treatment plan.
Houston Urogynecologists Are Available
Houston, a diverse, bustling metropolis, is home to several urogynecologists who offer high-quality treatment for women suffering from pelvic problems. These experts are trained in various conditions and can provide compassionate, patient-centered treatment.
You can manage your pelvic condition by finding a trusted urogynecologist, regardless of whether you’ve been a Houston resident for years or a recent arrival. If you need help finding a specialist to meet your needs, an online search can help. Consultation with your primary care physician and recommendations from friends or family members are also helpful.
Urogynecologists can offer many treatment options tailored to their patient’s needs and circumstances. These can include:
- Physiotherapy: Pelvic floor physiotherapy can help improve symptoms and increase pelvic health.
- Medication: Urogynecologists often prescribe medications to manage urinary issues, including overactive bowels and other conditions.
- The Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedure: In cases where conservative treatments are insufficient to treat the condition, minimally invasive procedures can be recommended. These surgeries usually have smaller incisions. They also tend to be less painful and require a shorter recovery period.
- Pelvic Organ Prolapse Surgeon: In cases where the pelvic tissues prolapse, surgical interventions can be necessary to correct and restore the organs to their proper position.
- Urethral Procedures. These procedures target issues such as recurrent UTIs or incontinence.